1. ALL CLASSES are required to have secure hitch with 3/4" clevis at rear only. NO chains. If your hitch fails you will be disqualified. Driver or crewman will be responsible to re-hook cable.
2. All Drivers must wear shirts, long pants & shoes – Must have seat belt and helmet (full coverage racing type) *Fire extinguisher recommended, 2-1/2 lb within reach of the driver*
3. All classes are $25.00 to enter. Street, Class1 & 2 can be multi entered, also driver can enter more than once BUT only place once per class.
4. All drivers must be of legal age to drive and have a minimum of a Level 1 license. No PASSENGERS PERMITTED.
5. All vehicles fuel system must have lines and pump located outside the drivers compartment.
6. Any open or soft top or glass removed must have a roll bar mounted to the frame. All roll bars and cages built after 2006 must be 1-5/8 or more by .120 wall steel or 1-5/8 chromemoly x 0.090 wall, (no sq tubing or threaded pipe) mounted with 3/8 grade 5 bolts to frame.
7. Every vehicle must have a kill switch within reach of the driver.
8. All vehicles must be race ready for tech inspection. The running gear of each vehicle will be inspected to verify the safety of steering, brakes, welds, tires and body construction, etc. prior to each event. It may be re-inspected at any time.
9. Drive shaft loops are recommended. If you lose a drive shaft in the bog pit, you or a crewman must retrieve it.
10. All decisions made by the committee will be final. C.R.C. reserves the right to deny entry for un-sportsman like behavior by anyone and will not allow those persons in the pit area, fighting, drinking alcohol & foul language will not be tolerated!
1. 36” and under D.O.T. Tires [ 1 parent is allowed to ride with kids with drivers permit (street class only) ]
2. Must be street legal, plates required 3. No gutting allowed or glass removed
4. Complete exhaust system with mufflers 5. No body swaps or motor swaps. Stock fuel systems vacuum secondary carbs only
1. 36.5” and under D.O.T. Tires
2. Any motor drive train combination. 3. 4x4 vehicles only - production frames & suspension * no adjustable suspension *
4. Front of motor can not be behind center line of front axle.
5. Body swaps allowed with motor in stock location of frame. Axles within 6” of center of wheel well
6. Flat beds and gutting allowed. Must maintain stock appearing bodies (not homemade). Must have doors, hood, fenders & firewall. Replacement fiberglass body or parts ok.
7. Single Carb, gasoline only. No nitrous. 8. No aluminum heads or aluminum blocks or hubs permitted
1. 40” and under D.O.T. Tires
2. Rules same as class 1 with these changes: Aluminum Heads are permitted - no aluminum blocks or hubs.
1. 44” and under D.O.T. Tires
2. Rules same as class 1 with these changes: Aluminum Heads allowed.
3. Chain Drives ok 4. Front of engine block must be within 6" of center of front axle.
1. Open, any size D.O.T. or Tractor tires, Cut Tires allowed.
2. 4x4 vehicles only with stock type frames and stock appearing bodies.
3. Any motor drivetrain combination (chain drive ok)
4. Any type suspension 5. Dual carb or fuel injection with nitrous. No Blowers or Turbo.
6. No Alcohol.
1. Rules same as class 4 with these changes: Any type chassis or body.
2. Driver of open vehicles with nitrous must wear a fire suit. (head socks, boots and gloves recommended.)
Class 6 Tractor Tire only [ May 25, 2013 in Harrison, July 6, 2013 in Mio & September 8, 2013 in Clio only ]
1. Must run 4 tractor tires any size. 2. NO ALCOHOL ** There will be 100% payback in this class, no bounty **
~ Tech / Registration / Staging / Starting / Racing ~
Tech - Registration
1. Your truck must be tech’ed in by our tech officials. Your tech sheet must be signed by our tech officials – then bring your tech sheet to registration.
2. Starting position will be determined by a lottery system.
3. In the event of multi entries the driver will draw for numbers in each class. Only 1 entry per driver per class. LIMIT of 2 drivers per vehicle per class. No switching of numbers after it has been drawn. [ Street and Class 1 & 2 vehicles can be multiple entered and driver can enter more than once but only place once per class ]
4. Only 1 run per entry
5. There will be no switching of registration after tech closes.
6. Any vehicle that enters a class and passes tech will be expected to run. NO REFUNDS or withdrawls.
7. Minimum of 2 vehicles to make a class
8. Any speeding or burnouts on the grounds will result in disqualification. 5 M.P.H. speed limit in the pit area.
9. Any driver or crew member using alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs will be disqualified. DQ means no run, no refund.
10. Every driver MUST attend the [ DRIVERS MEETING ] – any questions will be answered, any issues will be resolved.
11. No man made changes will be made to the pit or the starting line during a class.
Staging - Starting
12. Any driver not staged in 5 minutes after that class has been called to staging will be disqualified.
13. All drivers must have their vehicle in neutral or park while cable is being attached, hands up and do not rev engine! - We recommend that drivers window be down at least 4"
14. The starter will line you up, driver will not start until given the signal from the starter. Moving before given the signal to start will result in DQ.
15. If engine fails on starting line and rear tire does not cross starting line, you may restart from that point. No pullbacks to starting line. Driver must not get out of vehicle nor is the hood to be opened. No abuse will be tolerated. One minute restart time will be allowed.
16. Any vehicle striking a stake bordering the pit or going outside a visual boundary in the pit will have the distance of that run measured at the point of crossing as determined by an official.
17. Vehicles will be measured from the center of the front hub. An official will have a stop watch at the end of the pit, if the driver makes it out of the pit the official will stop the stop watch when the center of the front hub crosses the finish line.
18. All drivers must shut down when signaled by flag person.
19. Driver will be signaled when all forward motion is halted, determined by official watching the cable – when halted for 5 continuous seconds.
20. Any vehicle that fails to shut down when flagged or attempts to back up with be DQ’ed.
21. Helmets and seatbelts will remain on until vehicle has been pulled out of pit or driver will be DQ’ed.
22. Driver must stop vehicle by markers at the end of the pit. Failure to stop before hitting DQ line will result in DQ, which means, no pay for 1st, 2nd, 3rd or bounty.
23. All ties will be run off.
24. Any protest of run must be made within 15 minutes of that class completion. Only winners can be protested. Complaint must be made from protesting driver only. The protest committee shall consist of the following: Bog Chairman, starter and the shut down flag person. Protest fee shall be $50 cash only. NO safety protest.
25. If vehicle being protested is found in violation, the protest fee is returned to the protester. The driver is disqualified and charged $50 fine to be paid to the rules chairman. If found not in violation the money is forfeited. If a driver refuses to pay the fine, he or she will be barred from future competition until fine is paid.
26. The decision of the bog committee will prevail on any situation not covered by these rules.
2013 CRC Points system
1. You must be a Concerned Racer Club Member to collect points. – ask at registration if you want to become a member.
2. Club members will run each other for points. (Class 6 is not included in points)
3. Must run a minimum of 3 times in that class to receive points for that class.
4. Points collection is based on these guidelines:
a. 1 point for entry
b. 1 point for a good run – not disqualified
c. 3 points for first place (driver will receive 5 points total)
d. 2 points for second place (Driver will receive 4 points total)
e. 1 point for third place (Driver will receive 3 points total)
5. To break a tie, driver with the most races – then most 1st place, most 2nd place and then most 3rd place will be the winner.
6. All decisions made by the bog committee will be final.
2013 CRC Bog Pay back
(No Refunds for mud bog entries)
* 2 vehicles make a class: 2 vehicles pay back 1 place, 3 vehicles pay back 2 places, 4 vehicles pay back 3 places *
Street Class (36” & under D.O.T.)
1st: $50.00 + trophy
2nd: $35.00 + trophy
No trophy’s will be handed out in Class 1 thru 5, instead extra money will be put into the “bounty”
Class 1 (36.5” & under D.O.T.)
Class 2 (40” & under D.O.T.)
Class 3 (44” & under D.O.T.)
Class 4 (open tire size)
Class 5 (open tire size)
Class 6 (tractor Tires) is 100% payback